Take the message of women’s health care to Texas Legislators!
Bring your white coat, your colleagues, and your enthusiasm for exceptional medical care to Austin.
Obstetricians and gynecologists from across Texas will gather to make our voices heard on urgent legislative issues, in conjunction with the Texas Medical Association’s monthly First Tuesdays program
YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Our state senators and representatives listen when physicians from their districts make personal visits. Issues raised during the 83rd Legislative Session will be tough for medicine and especially for women’s health care.
Priorities for the 83rd Legislative Session include:
- Restored funding for women’s preventive care and family planning services
- Fair Medicaid provider reimbursement rates
- Continued autonomy of patient-physician relationship without government interference
- Creation of a Maternity Mortality Review Taskforce
With so much at stake, ACOG District XI and TAOG are hoping more than 200 OB-GYN physicians will take the time to come to Austin to create a strong presence.
- Those who can come in the evening of Monday, April 1st will receive a briefing specific to ob-gyn issues.
- The morning of Tuesday April 2nd we’ll take part of TMA’s “First Tuesday” program, and learn how to be an effective advocate for your patients, your practices and women’s health care.
- Tuesday afternoon, make personal visits to state lawmakers. It’s best if you can schedule visits ahead of time.
- Visit TMA’s First Tuesday page at www.texmed.org ($25 fee)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ve registered, so we can get a count of expected OB-GYNs.
Lodging suggestions are on the TMA registration site.
Questions? Contact American Congress of OBGYNs (ACOG) District XI at email@example.com or 512-473-2264